CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

{iPhone love}

I absolutely love my iphone and have never regretted purchasing one. For about 6 weeks in 2009 I had a blackberry and while I know there are plenty of Blackberry fans. I just missed my iphone so much that when the 3GS came out, I promptly drove my bootie to the Apple Store and purchased one.
The print resistant glass, the landscape typing that made it much easier to type with both thumbs, the improved speaker for iPod listening and the improved camera. Ahh, it was sweet. I have never regretted going back to the iPhone. 

I sit and drool over the iPhone 4 but I just can't justify the purchase when there is nothing wrong with my   phone and we recently purchased this baby thanks to a pretty awesome sale at Dell a month or so ago.

Nick uses my old iPhone the original. Not the 3G the first one. I've geekified him. Everyday he learns something new that he can do with it. But, back to my phone. I love apps. I always check the app store for new apps and look for recommendations from friends blogs and facebook posts. Some of my favorite apps.
FACEBOOK
Well duh. Facebook. It took me awhile to sign up with facebook. A couple of friends of mine kept mentioning it to me and finally one day I just signed up. Damn peer pressure. 


SHAZAM
Absolutely one of the first, if not the first app I downloaded from the app store. If you hear a song you like, grab your phone tap on the app, tap the TAG IT button and that's it. It will listen for about 10 seconds to the song and then let you know who sings it, the name of the song and the album it's from. It even can send you over to the iTunes store or Amazon store for purchasing information. Love, Love, LOVE that. I've even tagged music in movies and tv shows with this app. 

BLOGPRESS
BlogPress is an app I've only used once or twice. It's new for me as I finally begun to blog again via Blogger. When I had my blog over at typepad, I had a typepad app. This works as it's supposed to. Haven't found any bugs yet as I've only posted twice from it and nothing was too complicated. 


ADA'S HOSPITAL
I get addicted to what the geeks and creators of online games call Time Management games. Usually you have to run some sort of business and make your customers all happy and satisfied in order to gain points and grow your business. I've played several in the past. This one really has me addicted lately. 



BURGER QUEEN 2
Another time management game. I tried one or two other burger shop games but prefer this one over the others. Build burgers and chicken sandwiches. Make fries and pour fountain drinks. Create value meals as well to get extra points. Two other Time Management Games I love to play are Tiny Chef(on my iPhone) and Cooking Dash or maybe it was Diner Dash online with my mac. Much fun and time wasted with them. Completely creative that they call these games time management games when I waste a ton of time playing them.

INSTAGRAM
If a person could fall in love with an app and make sweet beautiful memories together this one would be it! I even LOVE the app icon. Perfect, I tell you. It's two tone brown color with the little rainbow. Too KEWT! I found Instagram from scrap/photo/baker guru and super mom Gina. I'm a long time fan of her scrap designs and we are friends on facebook. She started posting photos via this app and I had to check it out for myself. Love it. Easy to use filters and easy to share/post to facebook and twitter which are what I use.  Highly recommend this one and if I'm not mistaken it is free. A lot of other photo apps aren't.


NIKON D90
This is the only app that I paid more that 99 cents for. It was $4.99 but it's an all inclusive guide to my camera. I had to. Especially since I do not go anywhere without my phone. So should I be bored and wanna get some learning on about the Nikon, I'm all set. 


ROCK BAND
I haven't replaced my Guitar Hero app with this one. I play with both apps from time to time. Usually I have to put my headphones on so I don't bother others cause when you play this game you have to have the volume up! Much fun. I'm not so good at it but I really like playing it. 


REGULAR IPHONE SCREEN
Now most of you that have seen an iPhone know that the screen looks like the picture above. You can move the icons around, change the docked icons at the bottom and make several pages or screens of icons. Just sweep your finger right or left and it switches to the next page or screen of icons. I happen to have a coworker who knows how to do enable your iPhone so that you can customize it. 



LEAF THEME
Sometimes my iPhone look like this. No, I don't have 171 emails. I snatched this picture from google images. I love this theme for my iPhone and it even has a cute leaf battery for the lockscreen when you are charging it.  I have several favorite themes that I have downloaded for the iPhone and switch back and forth regularly but I really would have to say my favorite is this one:



SISTA THEME
Apparently Sista is swedish for final. Guess the creator of that theme is swedish. I love the clean look to the theme and the cute icons. I don't like when I have a theme and barely any of the icons are customized for that theme. Just doesn't give the theme a complete finished look. This is a picture grabbed from google images. On my phone I chose to have the app names under each icon because I just don't remember all the app icons for everything, I need the names under them. Some apps I jus don't use as often as others. I'm getting older dang it. I need direction! Lol. 

Another favorite of mine which I actually love because the creator took the time to make tons of icons for it is this one


VENDING MACHINE THEME
I saw this on a website and knew I had to download it. It even changes the keys for dialing the phone to look like the buttons on a vending machine. Very creative designer. Probably some kid with too much time on his hands but I like it! This is also a picture grabbed from google images. 

Oh and notice in the top left corner of the above iPhone photo, it reads Frank's. My coworkers ability to allow me to customize my iPhone also let me write TARA in there instead of it reading AT&T. I just had to download a tweak called Make it mine. I know, I'm such a geek you want to click CLOSE on your browser right now. I know. I accept it, but come back soon!!!

You can see my name in this photo of my locksreen below.

MY iPHONE LOCKSCREEN
It has my customized wallpaper with another app I didn't mention here but it's called ICE (In Case of Emergency). God forbid I can't speak and someone finds my phone on me they will know who to contact. The lockscreen has a customized clock (similar to HTC phones) and the local weather forecast. I think the look of the flip clock is very retro. I like it. 

The last photo I have to share is of my iPhone's home screen.

MY iPHONES HOMESCREEN
The last little tweak to my phone may seem like not so much of a big deal but I adore it. See the 5 icons at the bottom of the homescreen. Well they remain there no matter which page/screen I am on. They are the docked icons. Usually there are only 4. I have a tweak on my phone which allows me 5. It enabled me to have the 5 most used and most needed things right there. Sometimes I switch out the icon on the far right (its called winterboard that's the app/program that allows me to customize the phone). So sometimes I switch that icon with the text message icon just above and left of it. Depends on my mood. There is also a tweak that allows for 5 columns if icons on each page/screen but I didn't end up keeping that because when I switch to the vending machine theme it's doesn't fit that theme. Again, I may change my mind in the future when I grow tired of the vending machine theme. Only time will tell.  

So this has been a little tour of my customized iPhone and some reviews of my favorite apps. For those that stayed for the geekiest post so far (but sure to not be the last geeky post). Thank you and come again!!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment