CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

{just when you think}

Just when you think you are starting the year off right something like a cold postpones all of your good intentions. It started last Sunday with a scratchy sore throat and by the time I got home from work Monday, bazinga! I was sick. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday lying in bed but spent some time on the couch, too. Thursday I had to work a double which was HORRIBLE. I coughed, ate cough drops like crazy and blew my nose so much that by the time I got home around midnight my nose was SO sore I looked like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer!

I used a little Abreva (which is for cold sores) on my nose hoping by the time I woke up for work 5 hours later the redness and soreness would be gone and thankfully it was. I only had to work 8 hours Friday and halfway through my shift I realized I felt 25% better. I am still taking my medicine every 4 hours and Nyquil at night so that I sleep but I believe I am definitely finally on the mend. 7 days later.

I have been keeping up with a photo project I signed up for called Project 52 (have I mentioned that here before?). I submitted both Week 1 photo and already did my Week 2 photo (week 2 started today) and submitted that as well over on Flickr. I will either link those here or over at facebook (or both) at some point.  It's been snowing today so I took a bunch of photos of snow from my back door and the front door. Hopefully I will take some photos tomorrow if the weather permits by actually standing outside.

I have also been keeping up with managing my checkbook. To. The. Penny. Yay!! Paid all the bills and balanced the checkbook without any bumps in the road. Now time to waste some time on word search books I bought at the dollar store or maybe read on my kindle (am up to Book 2 of The Black Daggar Brotherhood) or read a magazine I bought (ShopSmart). Decisions, Decisions. Or I could wonder if I am dyslexic considering I just spent 5 minutes trying to fix the link to that magazine because I typed smartshop instead of shopsmart and couldn't figure out what I did wrong. DUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment