CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

{getting back on the horse}

I've been thinking of blogging again for quite a long time now. I've been on both sides of the yay or nay fence about it. I've contemplated it in my mind for so long now that I've done everything but sit down and write a pros and cons list.

Back in the day I LOVED blogging. I learned from reading one of the best. I began reading Yanos blog sometime in 2004. I would take the time to sit and research exactly when I started reading it but that really doesn't matter and I'd probably never get any of you back here as readers for being annoyingly thorough . I started blogging sometime in 2004. I used  Blogger back then. It was a simply looking blog. I had it for awhile and then I paid for a web designer to help me set up my own domain and design a site for me. Pineapple's Post was born. I had a fancy schmancy pink tropical looking blog. I was happy there and as time went on I learned a little bit of html code and ended up editing the design. I wrote about anything and everything. TV shows, movies, actors, music.  I "met" other bloggers online. Like This was before Facebook, before MySpace and YouTube. When people wanted to share photos we used Photobucket and eventually Flickr.

Once again, being a bit like a person with some attention deficit issues, I needed a change and took my blog over to TypePad. Mainly because Wordpress wasn't very user friendly when it came to personalizing the blog. I had to remember html code every time I wanted to change something. When you don't do that stuff everyday it kinda goes out of your head. I just didn't want to take the time to relearn it every time I wanted to have a blog makeover. Typepad was VERY user friendly. It was great, when I needed a change. I could do it 1,2,3. I could install a new design that I would create in PSE with Digital Scrapbook supplies. Easy Peasy.

 But, eventually the blogging kinda wound down to,"I got nuthin!" I had a TON of stuff going on back then. Fighting with my then husband and going through divorce, moving to NY, working at a new "old" job, the list could go on and on. But, know what? Right. Now. I feel like I'm in a good place to begin again.

So this is me, just a girl trying to be, asking you to come back soon!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back to blogging!! Maybe you could help me design my blog. I'd love for it to use my own digital designs, but I have no idea how to make it happen. Your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete