CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

{a printer, a blizzard and crazies, OH MY!}

Funny how I always hear people happy about being given a gift of jewelry or other girly thing and I think, yeah that's nice. Just not my thing. I guess. I was a very happy girl on Christmas Eve having opened this:
I originally just cut out an advertisement from Target and handed it to Nick letting him know I would like a printer like the two pictured in the ad. He went a step better and bought me the higher end model of those pictured. Smart Man!!  LOL.

Not only can I print wirelessly from my Mac. I can also print wirelessly from my iPhone. What a happy geek girl I am! It was set up in about ten minutes and we tested it out and printed out a 4X6 picture. Nick exclaimed,"it looks like a picture!" I laughed and said,"Baby, it IS a picture." He says,"You know what I mean." He actually did not know you could print photos from a home printer. 

Today, we are hibernating after venturing outdoors this morning. I woke up to Nick calling me at 6:15 a.m. on my day off!!! But, he had a good reason. He knew I wanted to go food shopping this morning and since he was at work he had already heard that the storm was coming earlier than they originally predicted. I got up, got dressed, made my list for Pathmark and when he arrived home around 8a.m. we hit the stores. Home Depot first because we don't own a shovel. We always seems to put off buying one, so of course we end up being 2 of "those crazies" rushing into the store and getting through the crowd to pick out a shovel. The snow hadn't even started yet at that point but at least we had 2 shovels. Finally.  

Next up, Pathmark. Let me tell you. I put off food shopping because of my work schedule, Christmas Day and the day we received our checks this week. I knew I would end up food shopping today. Did I know I would be doing it with all the crazies that go out to buy up all the milk and bread. NO! It was so bad that the store ran out of shopping carts. Plus, I ended up with a horrible back ache as we stood near the deli counter for 1/2 hr waiting for our number to be called. Thankfully when we hit the checkout area in the front, they opened up a new lane and ushered us right over to it. Yay! 

I was planning on going to Target to buy a few of these:
Since I value my life I will be lounging on my sofa reading my Kindle and every now and then taking a photo or two out the front door, back door or a window at the progress of the blizzard. 

Stay warm, eat some goodies and watch the snow fall.





No comments:

Post a Comment