CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

{the age of the e-books}


I've been reading on a Kindle since June 2009. The 9th of June actually. Oddly enough when it is sent to you there is a Welcome message saved on it with the date. I have read about 12-15 books in the time that I've had it. I find that extremely odd because I used to read much faster. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't been reading the same types of books or if it's because I've been reading on the Kindle itself and not a real paper and ink book or if it's simply because my life has changed so much in the last 18 months that I haven't read as much. I've actually read statistics that say people read about 10% or so slower on a Kindle because of the "page" turning flash thing it does to get a reader to the next portion of the book.
On my previous blog I've written about my Kindle experience, I apologize if this is repetitive. Twice in the last 12 months I have contemplated selling my Kindle because I miss the experience of going into the book store and browsing the aisles and shelves. When we go to Target or Walmart I look over the book aisles just to see covers and read a back cover or two. But, since I'm technically not literally picking out a book and Nick is usually giving me a look like,"Babe,, lets go already!" I do a quick browse and move on.

Sometimes I even grab my phone and take a picture of the cover so that I will look the book up at home  and add it to my Kindle Wish List. Nick says this is cheating and I should write down the name and author. Duh, that's what the electronic age is all about. I was watching Oprah the other day and was able to add a book from her book club to my Wish List as well. I even see patients as work reading books and try and remember the names or author to look them up later on at home.

I've been thinking about it and I think I want to do book recommendation/review thing here when I finish a book. Ya know, read a book. Write about it. Give it a couple of stars or thumbs up to rate it. Maybe it will motivate me to read a bit more/faster. The idea will probably evolve a bit more as I read and then blog here about it. What books have you all been reading or have heard about? Let me know. I may add it to my Wish List and it may end up here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment