CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Just a book recommendation: Black Dagger Brotherhood Series

Hello, Twilight friends, I know you are out there. Those that either go for Team Edward or Team Jacob or like me bounce back and forth between the two. Hey, a girl can do whatever she wants inside her own psyche (or insane bordering on needing professional help mind). :)

So my vampire absorbed peers, there is a book series out that I am confident some of you have either heard of or have been told about already. Have you read them? Browsed them in the book aisle of your local book store? I had tried reading another vampire series and after about 15 pages (if it was even that many) I had to give up trying to "get into" the story. It just wasn't interesting to me. It didn't grab me in at all.

A fabulous co-worker who knew of my fondness for all things Twilight mentioned the book series one evening at work sometime last Spring but it wasn't until the end of August that I decided I needed to find something new to read and remembered the series she mentioned.


The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series is a paranormal romance book series that focuses on 6 "brothers" who are also warriors fighting against Lessers whom want to eradicate the entire vampire race.  Intertwined within the story of the 6 vampire warriors are women (making up the romantic part to the books) and the evil lessers who are just very nasty for lack of a better word to describe the grossness that are the lesser society (as their race is known in the books).

There are 9 books so far. Each focusing on one character in the series. I thought there would only be 6 books in the series since there are 6 warriors but I guess as characters developed in the series the author was able to carry out each secondary character into their own story. Right now I am reading Lover Unbound which is the fifth book. I began reading it but then while having reminiscing about books I've read in the past and looking for free ebooks one evening I came across the Anne of Green Gables series and have been reading those again so Love Unbound has been put aside temporarily. Yes, two VERY different types of books.  So, my point in all of this. Give the books a chance. You might very well be like me and get absorbed in the life of the Black Dagger Brothers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment