CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 10, 2010

{just one word}

I have been participating in the One Word Project for three years now. In 2008 my word was CHANGE. It was to remind me that I could survive the major changes that were happening in my life at the time. My word for 2009 was PROUD. It was to remind myself to do things large and small that I could be proud of. I will admit I am not fully happy with the outcome of that years focus. Of course I was hoping to make myself proud and lose all the weight I wanted to lose. Of course I wanted to begin an exercise routine and stick with it. Yeah, didn't happen. But it's not like I'm ashamed of myself for any reason either. Just generally disgusted with myself for not taking better care of myself. Moving on.

My word of 2010 was SERENITY. While I haven't led a serene and entirely peaceful life in 2010. It has had many more ups than the downs I experienced in the previous years. Maybe serenity was reaching for something that doesn't exist. Like perfection. Who the heck is perfect? No one. Only God can define perfection and I know in Gods eyes I'm perfect just the way I am.

So, after reading Sara's new blog, I realized it was already the time of year to begin thinking about and choosing my word for 2011.  Tonight after a bit of brainstorming and using an online thesaurus. I've come up with the general idea of what I'm going for. I want a word that will help inspire me to succeed where I've fallen short in the past. Where I feel I've fallen short in the past or at least give me the wisdom to learn that I actually haven't fallen short in the past.

I also hope to sign up for this class. It would be an entire year of inspiration from Ali. Love the idea of that and hope to partake in it.


Before ending I just wanted to share this page. I did it a few weeks ago. It's just a page to remember some everyday things that I love about my life, the big things and the little things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment